- December 16, 2020
- Posted by: Steve Perich
- Category: Uncategorized
The team at business.govt.nz have recently sent out their December newsletter. You’ll find the following relevant articles:-
- Family time vs business time over summer:- The summer holidays offer a good opportunity to get together and discuss plans for the future of your family business. Here are some rules to follow to make sure it’s only the barbeque that gets heated.
- COVID-19: What you need to know over summer – From low-interest loans to contact tracing, a summery of government advice and financial support available to small businesses as of mid-December 2020. Sole traders and contractors may be eligible for some types of support.
- Look after yourself this summer – You are your business’s most valuable asset. To support your wellbeing after a challenging year, see how to: avoid boss burnout, minimise stress and get free advice and support.
- Get set for summer – Whether a holiday or a busy period beckons, check out our summertime business tips including:- getting paid on time, paying staff for leave and what to do if customers want to return unwanted gifts.
- Zen and the art of record-keeping – It’s easy to let paperwork go when you are busy. If a summer slowdown beckons, it’s a good time to check your systems and catch up on filing. You’ll thank yourself during tax time or payday filing.
- The year of small business – 2020 is nearly over. It’s been a challenging year for small businesses and sole traders, but many have rallied around to help. Check out the “2020 in hindsight” article here.
Please take the time to read the full newsletter here.
If there is anything you would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to call us on 09-636-3332!